Studying in Malaysia
Enrol into our programme now by submitting an online application- it only take few minutes and our friendly Student Counsellors will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Or you can come and enrol at any of our ELS Centres in Malaysia
Malaysia is a fascinating and enchanting nation of different races, cultures and religions, co-existing in harmony in a tropical paradise in the heart of Southeast Asia. Malaysia comprises two distinct land areas, West Malaysia and East Malaysia. West Malaysia is a peninsula, flanked by the South China Sea on the east and Straits of Malacca on the west, with Thailand as its northern neighbour and Singapore sitting to the south. West and East Malaysia cover a total land area of about 329,758 km² and are separated by approximately 40 miles of sea.
East Malaysia consists of a federal territory and two large states, namely Sabah and Sarawak, which occupy the north of Borneo Island. West Malaysia consists of 11 states and 2 federal territories, all of which have their own distinctive attractions.
The country is 8 hours ahead of the GMT and 16 hours ahead of the US Pacific Standard Time. The climate is warm and humid throughout the year. Malaysia is a physically blessed country which does not experience drastic weather changes or natural calamities. Temperatures are around 35°C during the day and 23°C at night. Light, cotton, cool and casual clothing is recommended all year round.
Why study in Malaysia?
Students and their parents have many things to consider when deciding on where and what to study. In choosing Malaysia as a study destination, students benefit from:
- An international standard and high quality education, which is closely monitored by the Malaysian Education Ministries through their quality control authorities and appropriate legislation such as The Education Act, 1996, The Private Higher Educational Institutions Act, 1996 and The Malaysian Qualifications Agency Act 2007.
- Competitive course fees and an extensive selection of popular courses.
- A wide range of study options and universities and colleges to choose from.
- Twinning degrees & 3+0 degree programmes conducted in Malaysia, which offer a cost-effective route for quality education and qualifications from universities in the United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and France.
- Foreign Branch Campus Universities operating in Malaysia, which enable students to acquire their prestigious university qualifications in a country that has lower living expenses.
- Wide usage of English, which makes living and studying easy for students who are proficient in English while at the same time creating an environment for those who want to pick up the language.
- Life in a multicultural society, where Malaysians of different races and religions live in peace and tolerance with each other.
- The experience gained in providing education to the existing 50,000 international students from more than 100 countries, which testifies to the world-wide acceptance of Malaysia as a favoured destination for further study.
- Affordable living expenses, which can be as low as RM12,000 (USD3,500) per year.
- An economically sound and socially safe country, which has a stable government and a low serious crime rate.
- A geographically safe environment, with Malaysia situated in a zone free from most natural disasters.
- A food paradise which has a huge variety of cuisines available including vegetarian, halal, ethnic and western.
- An excellent transportation system, which allows for easy mobility and a huge variety of interesting places to visit for relaxation.