WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW
The ELS AWP is an 18-week programme that comprises 3 modules. Students will participate in:
Advanced Writing Lessons
Held once a week over 3 hours, students will learn and be exposed to the various writing genres, styles, strategies and relevant grammatical elements that will empower them to be effective writers.
Experience ELS Online
Students stay connected with their teacher and peers through ELS Online, a learning portal which features personalised eLearning modules that will provide students with more language practice.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
AWP covers the following skills and strategies:
- Writing multiple genres through various styles cohesively and coherently
- Applying advanced grammatical structures and varied vocabulary to produce quality writing
- Incorporating complex sentence structures, idiomatic language and metaphors in writing
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Boost confidence in academic writing
- Master various writing techniques and styles
- Become competent writers
- Build independence through blended learning
WHY CHOOSE AWP
- Students are granted the opportunity to take part in the annual International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) Writing Paper by the University of New South Wales (Australia)*
- Form 4 and 5 students of Malaysian Public Secondary Schools get to participate in the annual “DKLS Linguistic Ambassador Award” Essay Writing Competition with ELS Language Centres
- *Terms and conditions apply
CLASS SCHEDULE 2019
|1||16th Feb – 23rd Mar|
|2||13th Apr – 25th May|
|2||15th Jun – 20th Jul|
Bonus Features – Internationally Recognised Assessments & Competitions
Students will have an opportunity to take part in the annual International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) Writing paper, by the University of New South Wales (Australia).
- Form 4 and 5 students in Malaysian Public Secondary Schools can also participate in the annual “DKLS Linguistic Ambassador Award” Essay Writing Competition with ELS Language Centres.