The Certified Intensive English (CIEP) is ideal for university-bound students, professionals with a limited time for study and serious students who want to learn English quickly. It is ideal for students who want to learn English abroad to further their academic study, advance their career or experience foreign cultures and make new friends.
The CIEP provides intensive development of the listening, speaking, reading, writing, pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar skills that you need to communicate accurately and effectively in the academic world and beyond.
Those completing level 109 of the CIEP Academic programme are awarded a Certificate of Completion confirming achievement of the English language proficiency required for admission to our partner colleges and universities. This certificate is accepted by many universities and colleges worldwide in place of TOEFL and IELTS for entry requirements.
Structure & Speaking Practice (SSP)
This class incorporates listening, speaking, vocabulary and grammar to give students opportunities to practise language in meaningful situations. Students are trained to target accuracy through application of rules in activity-based situations.
Reading & Writing (R/W)
Students learn to improve their English reading comprehension and reading speed while practising fluent and accurate writing skills. Students respond to the reading material through group discussions and writing practice.
Vocabulary Enrichment (VE)
This systematic approach to vocabulary study helps students learn, use and remember new vocabulary. Having good vocabulary is the essence to good speaking, reading & writing.
Language Technology Centre (LTC) / Self Study
Students also have access to the online interactive language courseware to work on enhancement practices at their own time and pace. *Optional for students of Level 104 and above
There are 10 levels in the CIEP programme: levels 100 to 109 which span 3 broad proficiency bands.
* Level 100 is Pre-Beginner level
Your CIEP Pathway to University
At the end of this course, students should be able to:
- achieve their full potential for personal, professional or educational success
- master speaking, reading and writing skills
- develop organisation, coherence and accuracy in writing
- acquire research and note-taking skills
- 10 levels of instruction, Beginner through Advanced
- Each level is 4 weeks in duration
- Certificate of Completion for students completing Advanced Level 109
Maximum Class Size
20 students per class
Sample Class Schedule
- 8.30AM – 10.25AM: Structure & Speaking Practice
- 10.30AM – 11.25PM: Vocabulary Enrichment
- 11.25AM – 12.25PM: Lunch
- 12.30PM – 2.25PM: Reading & Writing
- 2.30PM – 5.30PM: Language Technology Centre / Self Study