2013 SESSION DATES
|03 Sep 2012 - 28 Sep 2012||29 Apr 2013 - 24 May 2013|
|01 Oct 2012 - 26 Oct 2012||03 Jun 2013 - 28 Jun 2013|
|29 Oct 2012 - 23 Nov 2012||01 Jul 2013 - 26 Jul 2013|
|26 Nov 2012 - 21 Dec 2012||29 Jul 2013 - 30 Aug 2013|
|02 Jan 2013 - 25 Jan 2013||02 Sep 2013 - 27 Sep 2013|
|29 Jan 2013 - 01 Mar 2013||30 Sep 2013 - 25 Oct 2013|
|04 Mar 2013 - 29 Mar 2013||28 Oct 2013 - 22 Nov 2013|
|01 Apr 2013 - 26 Apr 2013||25 Nov 2013 - 20 Dec 2013|
Who is this programme for?
The Certified Intensive English Programme (CIEP) is ideal for university-bound students, professionals with a limited time for study and serious students who want to learn English quickly. Its certificate is accepted by many universities and colleges worldwide in place of TOEFL and IELTS for entry requirements. Featuring 9 levels, this programme is suitable for students with different levels of English – from beginner to advanced.
What is the structure of the programme?
This full-time course is structured to accelerate learning with maximum time spent in ELS. For 30 hours of intensive English classes a week, it enables you to reach your academic and career goals in the shortest time possible.
What will you learn?
- Structure & Speaking Practice
- This class incorporates listening, speaking, vocabulary and grammar to give students opportunities to practise language in meaningful situations. Students are trained to target accuracy through application of rules in activity-based situations.
- Reading & Writing
- Students learn to improve their English reading comprehension and reading speed while practising skills such as predicting content, skimming, scanning, drawing inferences and conclusions, guessing the meaning of new vocabulary from context and summarising information.Students respond to the reading material through group discussions and writing in English. In the process, they learn to write different types of paragraphs and essays—descriptive, comparison/contrast, cause-effect, problem-solution, argumentative, etc.—and also improve their critical thinking skills.
- Skills Enhancement
- The main purpose of this class is to build speaking fluency. In this class, students have the opportunity to discuss different topical issues based on current interesting themes, broadening their spectrum of English vocabulary in the process. The functional aspects of the language and speaking skills are also emphasised here.
- Language Technology Centre
- E-learning is an essential component in most ELS programmes and in the CIEP, students have access to state-of-the-art e-learning tools complete with award-winning multimedia language learning courseware and other digitised resources that complement and reinforce what they learn in class.This multimedia lab hour nurtures independent learning, targets enrichment activities besides providing reinforcement and practice for what is learned in the classroom.
- How much do I need to pay?
- Can I study if my English is very poor?
- When do the classes start (session dates)?
- Do I need to sit for a test before I start?
- Can I register online?
- Can I sit in to observe a class?
Leave a comment